About The Internship
After a year of mentoring, high school students who are entering their senior year or who have recently graduated high school are eligible to apply for a paid summer internship with Mālama Mentors. Experience as an intern for our nonprofit looks great on any resume all while learning valuable skills.
HOw Do You BEcome aN Intern?
After completing a year of mentoring in our program, mentors will be able to apply for the opportunity to work as an intern in an office setting. At the end of the school year, interested candidates may apply.
What Do you Do?
As an intern, you will gain experience in the following areas:
- Event Planning
- Administrative Tasks
- Project Managing
qualifications & Education Requirements
- Must have been a previous Mālama Mentor
- Giving, caring, and loving person
- Spontaneous and creative
- Self-starter, focused, able to work independently
- Upcoming senior or recent high school graduate
- Passionate about Mālama Mentors mission
- Knowledgable of website development, social media culture and digital media (able to use Microsoft, PC, & Mac)
- Available 20+ hrs/week (must be able to make Tuesday staff meetings)
- Relates well with peers
- Teachable with a “T”